Delaware's Health Insurance Exchange Basic Research Packet
The nine (9) documents in the Health Insurance Exchange Basic Research packet contain the background and research the State performed over the past year concerning health insurance exchanges. This information was used to determine how ready Delaware was for health care reform as described in the Affordable Care Act and to determine the best course of action to take to ensure that Delawareans have access to affordable health care coverage. It is suggested that the reports be reviewed in the order shown.
- University of Delaware Demographic Study of DE and the ACA includes general information about the Affordable Care Act, exchanges, and population estimates of the impact on our State
- As-Is Assessment includes the current state of information technology systems supporting Delaware's public medical assistance programs (e.g. Medicaid).
- "To Be" Vision/IT Gap Analysis includes the kind of information technology changes needed to implement a health insurance exchange in Delaware in the most effective and cost-efficient over the long-term.
- Policy & Regulatory Report provides an overview of the Affordable Care Act and proposed federal regulations regarding planning and establishing a state-administered health insurance exchange, as well as a review of Delaware laws that may impact or be impacted by a health insurance exchange.
- Resources and Capabilities Report provides a detailed study of the functions and responsibilities of a Health Insurance Exchange and outlines options for Delaware to consider.
- Stakeholder Report describes the results of Delaware's initial outreach to stakeholders in 2011 as captured during the Health Insurance Exchange public forums and focus group meetings.
- Feasibility Report includes the financial research and analysis necessary for Delaware to make an informed decision concerning the cost requirements for various Health Insurance Exchange models if operated in our state.
- Actuarial Analysis describes the impact of the Affordable Care Act on Delaware's individual and small group insurance markets.
- Merging Markets Report describes the impact of combining Delaware's individual and small group insurance markets.