The Delaware Health Care Commission established the End-of-Life Workgroup in November of 2015 to assess and make recommendations
regarding end-of-life care and related issues in Delaware. The workgroup will conduct research to broaden understanding of palliative and
end-of-life care issues and to prioritize areas for recommendations. The workgroup will develop a set of recommendations and options for
- Consumer outreach, awareness and education activities regarding palliative and end-of-life care and planning, including advanced care
planning and the recently enacted DMOST legislation;
- Professional outreach, training, support and education concerning the care of those with serious chronic and life-threatening
- Enabling access to palliative care services and supporting the capacity in the health care system to provide palliative care services
in home, community, hospice, skilled nursing facilities, hospital and any other relevant settings;
- Other recommendations to support comprehensive health care services to Delawareans suffering from advanced and serious illnesses.
The workgroup will issue a report to the Health Care Commission providing recommendations and options on or before March 31, 2016.
End-of-Life Workgroup Meeting Notices
Please check the Delaware Health Care Commission meeting notices on the Public Calendar for the most current and accurate
Meeting Notices, Agendas, and Minutes
- For more information, visit the State Public Meeting Calendar: egov.delaware.gov/pmc/
- Click "List by Agency", and scroll to the "Delaware Health Care Commission" (DHCC).
- All DHCC meetings (including EOL meetings) are listed by date. To view, print, or download agenda and minutes, click into
the desired meeting.