The Delaware Health Care Commission established the End-of-Life Workgroup in November of 2015
to assess and make recommendations regarding end-of-life care and related issues in Delaware. The workgroup
will conduct research to broaden understanding of palliative and end-of-life care issues and to prioritize
areas for recommendations. The workgroup will develop a set of recommendations and options for consideration
- Consumer outreach, awareness and education activities regarding palliative and end-of-life care and
planning, including advanced care planning and the recently enacted DMOST legislation;
- Professional outreach, training, support and education concerning the care of those with serious
chronic and life-threatening conditions;
- Enabling access to palliative care services and supporting the capacity in the health care system
to provide palliative care services in home, community, hospice, skilled nursing facilities, hospital
and any other relevant settings;
- Other recommendations to support comprehensive health care services to Delawareans suffering
from advanced and serious illnesses.
The workgroup will issue a report to the Health Care Commission providing recommendations and options
on or before March 31, 2016.
|End-of-Life Workgroup Meeting Notices
- Please check the Delaware Health Care Commission meeting notices on the Public Calendar for the
current and accurate information:egov.delaware.gov/pmc/
|Meeting Notices, Agendas, and Minutes
- For more information, visit the State Public Meeting Calendar: egov.delaware.gov/pmc/
- Click "List by Agency", and scroll to the "Delaware Health Care Commission" (DHCC).
- All DHCC meetings (including EOL meetings) are listed by date. To view, print, or download agenda
and minutes, click into the desired meeting.
Thursday May 19 2016