Non-Profit Organizations and Health Insurance Exchange
Non-profit organizations are eligible for tax credits for offering health insurance coverage to their employees, based on the following qualifications:
- Qualifying 501(c)(3) organizations must pay at least half of their employees' health premium.
- Organizations must have 25 or fewer full-time equivalent employees and less than $50,000 in average wages per employee, per year.
- Only organizations with less than 10 full-time equivalent employees, with average wages of less than $25,000 per year are eligible for the full tax credit.
- Tax credit of up to 25% available.
- Tax credit of up to 35% available, only if insurance is purchased through the exchanges.
See chart that explains average wages and tax credits*
*Chart prepared by West Virginians for Afforable Health Care