A Steering Committee has been established to oversee the SHIP. The mission of the Steering Committee is to:
- Assure an ongoing process to coordinate and monitor plans intended to improve the health of Delawareans;
- Identify gaps in those plans; and
- Advocate for intervention, accordingly.
The Steering Committee is comprised of the following individuals (affiliation in parentheses):
- Gerard Gallucci (Delaware Department of Health and Social Services);
- Mary Kate Mouser (Nemours Health & Prevention Services);
- Karyl Rattay (Delaware Department of Health and Social Services);
- Jill Rogers (Delaware Health Care Commission);
- Lisa Schieffert (Delaware Healthcare Association);
- Paul Silverman (Delaware Department of Health and Social Services); and
- Michelle Taylor (United Way of Delaware).
This committee will oversee the Action Cycle of the SHIP. In this capacity, the Steering Committee will establish the following:
- What products should be generated from the development and implementation of the action plans designed by the SHIP Subcommittees; and
- How the evaluation of the overall Action Cycle will be carried out.
In addition, the Steering Committee will also:
- Assist, review, and provide feedback on the action plans designed by each of the SHIP Subcommittees;
- Make available the goals and objectives upon which the SHIP Subcommittees will develop their action plans;
- Elucidate whether any opportunities to reduce duplication of efforts exist, particularly among action plans with similar intents and
target populations but are designed by different SHIP Subcommittees;
- Conduct the evaluation of the Action Cycle; and
- Serve as the primary source of communication to external stakeholders on all aspects of the State Health Improvement Plan and State
Health Improvement Process.
Return to Delaware’s State Health Improvement Plan home page