The Division of Services for Aging and Adults with Physical Disabilities (DSAAPD) is working with partner agencies to develop a comprehensive Aging and Disability Resource Center (ADRC) in Delaware. The center is expected to begin operation in September 2010.
Following is a month-by-month summary of the ADRC planning and development activities, with the most recent month listed first. We are making good progress! Please check back regularly for more updates.
- Finalized Memoranda of Understanding (MOU) with ADRC Lead Partners.
- Planned for Request for Proposals (RFP) pre-bid meeting for Delaware ADRC Technical Support Services to be held in September 2010.
- Provided targeted ADRC readiness training for all DSAAPD staff including Excellent Customer Service training.
- Planned and engaged in targeted multi-media outreach activities to promote the Delaware ADRC.
- Released Request for Proposal (RFP) for ADRC Support Services (including Options Counseling, Discharge Planning, and Service System Access).
- Assessed status and finalized plans for Delaware ADRC infrastructure activities, including
- Call Center equipment, operations, training
- Website, searchable database, web-portal
- Data collection, reports, and analysis
- Developed MOU's with all ADRC Lead Partners.
- Developed service specifications and RFP for ADRC Support Services.
- Provided targeted ADRC readiness training for Delaware ADRC Call Center staff and supervisors including a two-day practicum on Excellent Customer Service.
- Following House approval, introduced legislation (HB 351) in the Delaware State Senate establishing an ADRC within DSAAPD. This legislation was passed by the Senate.
- Released DSAAPD’s first comprehensive resource directory: Guide to Services for Older Delawareans and Persons with Disabilities in print and electronic formats.
- Continued ADRC infrastructure planning and development efforts, including work on the establishment of an ADRC website and web portal.
- Introduced legislation (HB 351) in the Delaware House of Representatives to establish an ADRC within DSAAPD. This legislation was passed by the House.
- Provided ADRC presentations and information sessions to the folowing organizations: Delaware Aging Network; University of Delaware Nursing Department; University of Delaware Academy of Lifelong Learning; Governor's Advisory Council on Services for Aging and Adults with Physical Disabilities; and State Legislators.
- Provided targeted cross-training on ADRC plans to all DSAAPD staff at an annual staff meeting.
- Conducted ADRC cross-training on computer-based resources
- Defined roles and responsibilities for ADRC staff
- Conducted interviews for ADRC Coordinator position
- Participated in Delaware Lifespan Respite Summit
- Activated ADRC Call Center
- Conducted call center agent and supervisor training
- Attended national ADRC grantee meeting in Alexandria, VA: Changing Systems, Changing Lives
- Participated in technical assistance session on Delaware's ADRC
- Conducted a Delaware ADRC Forum and Planning Workshop
- Carried out preparations for the activation of the Delaware ADRC Call Center
- Planned for training events related to the Delaware ADRC
- Developed requirements for the Delaware ADRC web portal
- Conducted ADRC presentations for various community partners and stakeholders statewide
- Planned for ADRC infrastructure development, including call center system, training, and web portal
- Carried out Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) and Request for Proposals (RFP) research and development activities
- Planned training assessments and cross-training for staff and partners
- Developed training calendar
- Produced outreach/marketing materials for DSAAPD website, Guides to Services, Lifestyles 50+
- Established Delaware ADRC Planning E-mail account
- Initiated plans for Delaware ADRC Project Forum
- Conducted ADRC Information Sessions at Easter Seals Delaware and Maryland's Eastern Shore Open House
- Participated in technical assistance conferences related to the development and operation of ADRC's
- Developed plans for staff and partner participation in technical assistance and training events
- Established a dedicated telephone hotline for Delaware ADRC planning
- Began planning for the establishment of a web-based portal for provider referrals to the ADRC
- Scheduled and planned for public information sessions related to the ADRC
- Posted an announcement about the ADRC grant award on DSAAPD's web site
- Held initial planning meetings with the ADRC Advisory Council, the ADRC Lead Partners, and DSAAPD staff
- Initiated the development of ADRC infrastructure, including the procurement of hardware and software for call center
- Began a DSAAPD computer performance review to assess needed system improvements
- Made arrangements for ongoing technical support and training through the ADRC Technical Assistance Exchange
- Received notification that DSAAPD had been awarded a three-year grant to develop and implement a statewide ADRC in Delaware
January - June 2009
- Worked with a national technical support team to assess readiness and develop plans for Delaware's ADRC