- Do not share passwords.
- Keep stored passwords secure, not on your PC or desk.
- Set a Screen Saver to automatically appear after 10 minutes and use password protect.
- Keep computer monitors that display protected information out of view from others.
- Use strong passwords when possible.
- Do not send unencrypted patient information over the internet, by e-mail or as an attachment in an e-mail. Use encryption if
- Do not use unencrypted portable or mobile media such as thumb drives or PDA's to store protected information.