Expanded Emergency Benefits
To serve Delaware individuals and families in need, DHSS has issued more than $120 million total in monthly emergency benefits, is providing more than $6 million in housing assistance to shelter hundreds of families impacted by the COVID-19 crisis, is funding a new housing program for pregnant women without housing, and provides emergency supplies to home visiting program participants.
- Since March 2020, DHSS has issued emergency benefits each month to eligible households.
- All households with open food benefit (SNAP) cases receive at least $95 in emergency food benefits.
- The emergency assistance for Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) and General Assistance (GA) families increases a household's monthly benefit for each program up to the maximum benefit amount for their household size.
- To screen for and apply for benefits, go to DHSS' online application portal Delaware ASSIST or call 1-866-843-7212.
- March 2022 Press Release
- Hundreds of Delaware families impacted by the COVID-19 crisis have been housed in motels and hotels.
- In March 2022, $6 million in funding was announced.
- Allows more families to begin the transition from emergency housing to permanent housing.
- Press Release
Housing for Vulnerable Pregnant Women
- $1.5 million announced in March 2022.
- Program will serve pregnant women in Delaware who are housing insecure.
- Division of Public Health will support the model, which includes wraparound services.
- Press Release
Emergency Supplies for Families
- $194,000 announced in March 2022.
- Benefits families enrolled in home visiting programs.
- Contractors will work through the Division of Public Health.
- Provide families with emergency supplies, including face masks, hand sanitizer, no-touch thermometers, diapers, infant formula, food and water.
- Home Visiting Program