Current Suspected Overdose Deaths in Delaware for 2020: Get Help Now!


Delaware.gov logo

Long-Term Care Providers


Program Summary

The Department of Health and Social Services (DHSS) is charged with distributing funds to healthcare organizations serving clients and patients in Delaware. They are authorized by the State of Delaware to distribute CARES Act Relief funds to health care entities for expenses incurred due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

All expenses must comply with U.S. Treasury Department guidance and FAQ and applicants must attest to terms and conditions required by the State in addition to completing the below application.

Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and awarded based on a pre-determined formula.

Applications are due no later than November 17, 2020.

The application is included below. Applicants will need to provide their organizational information and a brief overview of how the entity will spend awarded funds, including a line item budget of the proposal.

Final applications should include: 1) a signed application; 2) signed certification; and 3) a line item budget.

All complete applications should be submitted as attachments by email to: DHSS_CaresAct@delaware.gov

Send questions by email to: DHSS_CaresQuestions@delaware.gov


Eligible Applicants

Applicants must be a nursing home or assisted living facility licensed by the Delaware Division of Health Care Quality (DHCQ).

Applicants must serve clients in Delaware and have been in operation as of February 1, 2020.

The LTC industry distribution formula was based on a multi-step process. First, of the total LTC Relief Fund amount, 70%, was allocated to nursing facilities serving the Medicaid/CHIP program. The remaining 30% was allocated to all other providers. The 70% was distributed to each Nursing Facility (NF) based on estimated Medicaid/CHIP paid bed days (i.e., utilization) in the fourth quarter of calendar year 2019 incurred fee-for-service and managed care claims data. For example, if Medicaid/CHIP NF #1 had 3.50% of total Medicaid NF day utilization, Medicaid/CHIP NF #1 would be eligible to receive up to 3.50% of the 70% (less the amounts directed to two NFs with low/no utilization data). Each provider listed can receive up to their respective amount listed.

The remaining 30% was distributed to each remaining Nursing Facility and Assisted Living provider based on the distribution of State licensed beds as provided by the Delaware Division of Health Care Quality as of October 21, 2020. For example, if Assisted Living provider #456 had 5.25% of the total of State licensed beds in this group, assisted living provider #456 would be eligible to receive up to 5.25% of the 30%. Each provider listed may receive up to their respective amount.

Eligible LTC providers who did not receive an industry award amount under this category may be eligible for a subject area award.

To see what your facility could be eligible for, check this list: Long Term Care Formula

Providers that own more than one LTC entity may submit one application on behalf of all entities, provided that they list the names of the covered entities in their application.

Reporting Requirements

Applicants will be required to attest that they reviewed the U.S. Treasury Department guidance and FAQ, will use received funds for acceptable expenses as defined in those documents, as well as to attest to legal terms and conditions.

Funding

Funding is available through a one-time federal funding award.

Timeline

The timeline will vary based on application submission date and when it receives budget approval. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis starting October 30, 2020.


+