In order to qualify for a Designated Caregiver card to legally purchase medical marijuana for a qualified patient, you must meet the following qualifications:Test
- Be 21 years of age or be the parent or legal guardian of a minor child.
- Have not been convicted of an excluded felony offense.
- Have agreed to assist with a patient's medical use of marijuana and assist no more than five qualifying patients.
- Be a Delaware resident with proof of residency. (DE Driver’s License or DE State ID)
The Oversight Committee webpage has details on how to request the addition of a new medical condition to the qualifying list.
Steps to start the application process and required items needed:
- Step 1 - Complete the Designated Caregiver Application
- Step 2 - Complete the Patient Application
- Complete the patient application in its entirety. You can apply online, or print a paper copy of the application. If you will require a caregiver, ensure that the caregiver completes a caregiver application. Information on how a caregiver can apply can be found here.
- Step 3 - Pay the non-refundable application fee
- The fee is $50.00 and is non-refundable for all who apply. If you apply online, there will be a section for payment options. If you are mailing your application, please include a check or money order for $50.00, payable to the State of Delaware.
- Step 4 - Submit proof of age and residency
- You must upload a copy of your Delaware issued driver’s license or State issued ID with your application. If you are mailing your application, send a clear photocopy of your Delaware issued driver’s license or State issued ID.
- If you are mailing your application, please send to:
- Delaware Division of Public Health
Medical Marijuana Program, Suite 140
417 Federal Street
Dover, DE 19901
Medical Marijuana Program Home Page
Contact the Program
Fee Waiver Request
Compassionate Use Patient
Compassionate Use Pediatric