The mission of the Office of Food Protection and Milk Safety is to:
- Ensure the regulatory foundation of programs in retail food protection and milk safety includes current, science-based
- Ensure that complaints and outbreaks associated with the consumption of food and milk are appropriately investigated, and that
food defense programs adequately protect the food supply from intentional contamination;
- Ensure that effective compliance and enforcement procedures for food establishments, milk producers and milk processors are
promulgated and are used as required to reduce the risk of foodborne illness;
- Make annual Division of Public Health Food Establishment Permit payment online. Pay here. Permits will be mailed to address provided.
News and COVID-19 Information
- Best Practices for Retail Food Stores, Restaurants, and Food Pick-Up/Delivery Services During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- The Food Industry Association's COVID-19 Cleaning and Disinfection for Human-Touch Surfaces
- To help protect the public against the spread of COVID-19, Governor John Carney and Delaware Division of Public Health Director Karyl T. Rattay, MD, MS, strongly recommend that all employers screen employees each day before work. Read the Essential Services Screening Policy, dated March 22, 2020. Food establishment operators are encouraged to secure their facilities and maintain active managerial control and food defense, to include asking for credentials when necessary.
COVID-19 Symptoms, Prevention and Monitoring
Cleaning and Sanitizing Establishments Amid COVID-19 Outbreak
- Food Establishment Guidance for Modified State of Emergency Order Amid COVID-19 Outbreak
- Food Establishment Compliance Assistance Poster for Modified State of Emergency Order Amid COVID-19 Outbreak
- Frequently Asked Questions for Food Establishments Amid Covid-19 Outbreak
- Certified Food Protection Manager Training
Please note: Some of the files available on this page are in Adobe PDF format which requires Adobe Acrobat Reader. A free copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader can be downloaded directly from Adobe . If you are using an assistive technology unable to read Adobe PDF, please either view the corresponding text only version (if available) or visit Adobe's Accessibility Tools page.
Gateway to Government Food Safety Information
US Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
USDA Food Safety and Inspection Service
Federal Recall Center