In order to qualify for a Medical Marijuana card, you must meet the following qualifications:
- Be 18 years of age or older or be a pediatric patient with parental consent.
- Be diagnosed with a qualifying medical condition - list can be found here.
- Have a Health Care Practitioner Certification from a Delaware licensed MD, DO, APRN or PA.
- Be a Delaware resident with proof of residency. (DE Driver's License or DE State ID)
The Oversight Committee webpage has details on how to request the addition of a new medical condition to the qualifying list.
Steps to start the application process and required items needed:
- Step 1 - Health Care Practitioner Certification
- The first step to getting a medical marijuana registry card in Delaware is to meet with your health care practitioner about medical marijuana. Your health care practitioner MUST be licensed to practice in Delaware and be a MD (Medical Doctor), DO (Doctor of Osteopathic medicine), APRN (Advanced Practice RN), or PA (Physican Assistant). Depending on if you apply online or via paper application, your health care practitioner will complete a health care practitioner certification if he or she feels that you will benefit from the use of medical marijuana.
- Step 2 - Complete the Patient Application
- Complete the patient application, or pediatric patient application, in its entirety. You can apply online, or print a paper copy of the application. If you will require a caregiver, ensure that the caregiver completes a caregiver application. Information on how a caregiver can apply can be found here.
- Step 3 - Pay the non-refundable application fee
- The fee is $50.00 and is non-refundable for all who apply. If you apply online, there will be a section for payment options. If you are mailing your application, please include a check or money order for $50.00, payable to the State of Delaware.
- Step 4 - Submit proof of age and residency
- You, or parents or legal guardian for pediatric patients, must upload a copy of your Delaware issued driver’s license or State issued ID with your application. If you are mailing your application, send a clear photocopy of your Delaware issued driver’s license or State issued ID.
- If you are mailing your application, please send to:
- Division of Public Health
Medical Marijuana Program
Jesse Cooper Building, Suite 140
417 Federal St.
Dover, DE 19901
Medical Marijuana Program Home Page
Contact the Program
Patient Application Manual
Fee Waiver Request
Compassionate Use Patient
Compassionate Use Pediatric