Respite is a service designed to give caregivers a break from the stress of taking care of an individual with special needs.
Some respite options include:
- a private provider/person of your choice
- a DDDS Shared Living Provider Home
- a DDDS Residential Program
Please understand that the requests for a DDDS respite provider or residential program are subject to availability.
What must I do to get Respite?
Your request will be reviewed and considered based on availability of DDDS resources, individual family circumstances/ need and the
previous fiscal year usage (fiscal year is July 1- June 30), Our goal is to provide you with a response to your request within five
Steps to obtaining Respite:
DDDS MUST have 2 to 4 weeks notice prior to requested respite date
- Call your coordinator Bonnie Hummer: Provide dates of Respite, type needed, any new updates to the individuals case (medication
changes behavioral information, Day Program / updates), address verification.
- The Coordinator will send respite agreements/contracts to you. Sign and return them to the Coordinator ASAP.
- Payments requests will not be submitted until the end of the respite and only in the signed contract is returned to the Coordinator.
- The reimbursement process normally takes 6 weeks from the ending date of your respite.
- Signed agreements/contracts received more than 60 days past the Respite may NOT be honored for payment.