|Delaware Health Care Commission Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
If you do not find the answer to your question here, you may call the Delaware Help Line at 2-1-1 or
You may also call the Delaware Health Care Commission at (302) 739-2730.
For information on the State Loan Repayment Program, go to SLRP
- Who do I call to learn about health care insurance plans that are available in Delaware?
Visit the website ChooseHealthDE.com. You may also call the Insurance Commissioner's
Office at 674-7300, or visit the website eHealthInsurance.com to learn about available health care insurance
- Where can I find out about available scholarships for nursing, medical school or dental school?
Visit the Higher
Education Office Delaware Higher Education Office website or call them at 302-735-4120 or toll-free
at 1-800-292-7935. You may also visit the Delaware Institute for Dental Education and Research (DIDER) and Delaware Institute for Medical Education and
Research (DIMER) websites.
- I am starting a new business. How do I obtain a business license?
Call the Division of Revenue or visit their website for Business License FAQs
Dover office - 744-1085
Georgetown office - 856-5358
New Castle office - 323-5300
Wilmington office - 577-8200 or (800)292-7826
- Who do I call to report a hospital or health care provider for improper behavior, environment,
You may call the Division of Professional Regulation at 739-4522 or visit their website at http://dpr.delaware.gov.
You may also call the Attorney General's Fraud and Consumer Protection Division at 577-8600 or visit
their website at attorneygeneral.delaware.gov/fraud
- Where can I find Delaware reports on health and/or health data and statistics?
You may visit one of the following Division of Public Health websites:
Health Data and Statistics
Reports on Health in Delaware
Behavioral Risk Factory Survey (BRFSS)
Delaware School Survey (includes
the Youth Tobacco Survey & Youth Risk Behavior Study)
- Where can I learn more about the Delaware State Innovation Models (SIM) Initiative?
You may visit the SIM website.
- Where can I learn more about the Delaware Center for Health Innovation (DCHI)?
You may visit the DCHI website.
For more information, contact the Delaware Health Care Commission.
Last updated Tuesday, January 20, 2015
Thursday May 19 2016