Physical Activity, Nutrition, and Obesity Prevention
Delaware Coalition for Healthy Eating and Active Living (DE HEAL)
Delaware HEAL was formed in 2009 with more than 100 members to reverse the rise of obesity and related chronic diseases among Delawareans by facilitating opportunities for physical activity and healthy eating. The coalition provides statewide leadership and coordination of physical activity and healthy nutrition programs, and serves as a catalyst for developing obesity prevention efforts.
In 2010, the HEAL Coalition issued a Physical Activity, Nutrition & Obesity Prevention Comprehensive Plan: 2010-2014; and, in December 2011, released its first annual report. Delaware HEAL meets quarterly, and holds an annual summit for its members and the public. The Division of Public Health is a member of the coalition, and provides administrative support.
- Council for Health Promotion and Disease Prevention
- Breastfeeding Coalition of Delaware
- Nemours Health & Prevention Services
- Sussex County Health Promotion Coalition
Collaborating DPH Programs
- Delaware Diabetes Prevention and Control Program
- Comprehensive Cancer Prevention and Control Program
- Women, Infant and Children Program (WIC)
- Tobacco Prevention and Control Program