Office of Food Protection
The mission of the Office of Food Protection and Milk Safety is to:
- Ensure the regulatory foundation of programs in retail food protection and milk safety includes current, science-based requirements;
- Ensure Health Systems Protection (HSP) staff that conduct food establishment inspections are offered training to maintain and enhance professional competencies in food protection and milk safety;
- Ensure that HSP staff use risk-based food establishment inspection procedures including applicable Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) principles;
- Ensure that a quality assurance review program for inspections of food establishments, milk producers and milk processors is implemented and functions effectively;
- Ensure that complaints and outbreaks associated with the consumption of food and milk are appropriately investigated, and that food defense programs adequately protect the food supply from intentional contamination;
- Ensure that effective compliance and enforcement procedures for food establishments, milk producers and milk processors are promulgated and are used as required to reduce the risk of foodborne illness;
- Ensure that HSP staff in the Food Protection and Milk Safety programs promote mutually beneficial relations with the food service industry and with consumers through providing food safety presentations and informational materials; and
- Ensure that adequate financial and personnel resources are requested from and provided by HSP to conduct regulatory programs in food protection and milk safety that continually enhance consumer protection.
News and Information
Please note: Some of the files available on this page are in Adobe PDF format which requires Adobe Acrobat Reader. A free copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader can be downloaded directly from Adobe . If you are using an assistive technology unable to read Adobe PDF, please either view the corresponding text only version (if available) or visit Adobe's Accessibility Tools page.
Tuesday November 20 2012