REFERRING PATIENTS TO THE DIVISION OF PUBLIC HEALTH FOR 2009 H1N1 VACCINATIONS
The Division of Public Health (DPH) has limited supply of H1N1 vaccine at its clinic sites which is being offered to the following groups
at high risk of complications from 2009 H1N1 infection:
- Pregnant women
- People who live or care for children younger than 6 months of age
- Children 6 months to 4 years of age
- Persons 5 to 64 years of age who have medical conditions that put them at higher risk for influenza complications
Delawareans are urged to receive H1N1 vaccine from their regular medical provider when it is available. However, knowing that high
risk patients may not have access to vaccination through their regular care giver, providers may refer their highest risk patients to DPH
clinics. Patients may make appointments by calling the clinic sites below.
- New Castle County
- Hudson State Service Center, by appointment only, call (302) 255-4555 for age 6 months and above
- Northeast State Service Center, by appointment only, call (302) 552-3600 for age 8 years and above
- Kent County
- Williams State Service Center, by appointment only, call (302) 857-5130 for ages 6 months and above
- Sussex County
- Georgetown State Service Center, by appointment only, call (302) 856-5213 for ages 6 months and above
Please note that the H1N1 vaccination from DPH will only be available to the priority populations described above.
DPH H1N1 Hotline: 1-866-408-1899
DPH H1N1 website: www.flu.delaware.gov
You are receiving this email because you are a registered member of the Delaware Health Alert Network.
If you are not a member and would like to subscribe, please complete the form found online at: http://dhss.delaware.gov/main/mailforms/dph_hanform.aspx.
Categories of Health Alert messages:
- Health Alert: Conveys the highest level of importance; warrants immediate action or attention.
- Health Advisory: Provides important information for a specific incident or situation; may not require immediate action.
- Health Update: Provides updated information regarding an incident or situation; unlikely to require immediate action.
NOTE: This page is for informational purposes only and dated material (e.g. temporary websites) may not be available.