DSAAPD's Calendar of Events
The Division of Services for Aging and Adults with Physical Disabilities (DSAAPD) Calendar of
Events includes information about special events of general interest such as health fairs, conferences,
For information about various support group meetings or other ongoing events, please see the Caregiver
Support and the Joining Generations Grandparent and Relative Caregivers Support
and Information Groups pages. For listings of other support groups, please check your local newspaper
or contact DSAAPD for assistance.
- October 4 - Delaware 2013 Veterans' Stand Down, 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM, Walter L.
Fox Post #2, American Legion, 835 Bay Road, Dover. For more information, call 302.349.4898.
- October 8 - Residents Rights Rally, 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM, Modern Maturity Center, 1121
Forrest Ave, Dover. Delaware nursing home residents are invited. Call 302-255-9390 to register.
- October 9 - The Live Conference: Live Healthy, Live Active, Live at Home.9:00 AM
to 4:00 PM. CHEER Center, 20520 Sandhill Road, Georgetown. $5.00 fee covers lunch. Sponsored by Sussex
County Advisory Committee on Aging and Adults with Physical Disabilities. Visit the conference
website for information and registration.
- October 12 - 12th Annual Stroke Education Conference, 7:00 AM to 1:45 PM, John H.
Ammon Medical Education Center at Christiana Hospital. For more information, visit www.destroke.org.
- October 30 - Caregiver Education provided by Christiana Care’s VNA, 9 a.m.
- 3 p.m., CHEER Community Center, 20520 Sand Hill Road, Georgetown. Lunch will be provided. To register,
call Kathy Landis at 302-856-5187.
- November 4 - Addressing the Mess: A Delaware Hoarding Symposium. 8:00 AM to 4:00
PM. John H. Ammon Medical Education Center at Christiana Hospital. $20.00 registration fee includes
lunch. Call 800-223-9074 or 302-255-9390 for a registration form or to be a vendor at this event.
- November 16 - The Better Living With Arthritis Expo sponsored by The Arthritis
Foundation in partnership with Beebe Hospital, 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm, Lewes Yacht Club, 2701 Cedar Street,
Lewes. Free boxed lunch included. Registration required. For more information, visit www.afexpode.com.
- November 19 - 12th Annual Diabetes Wellness EXPO, 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM, Dover Downs
and Conference Center.
- No listings available for December
If your organization has an event that you would like to see listed on the DSAAPD Calendar, please
see our event listing policy and contact DSAAPD with
your event information.