Audit & Recovery Management Services (ARMS)
General Description of Functions/Services
- Audit and Investigation
- Identify, plan and conduct coordinated audits and investigations, relating to violation of criminal, civil or administrative law,
in public welfare programs administered by Delaware Health & Social Services.
- Refer for criminal prosecution all persons and service providers who commit acts of welfare fraud.
- Establish claims for overpayment of public welfare benefits in non-fraud cases.
- Accounting and Recovery
- Establish and maintain account receivables in all instances where public welfare benefits were overpaid to clients by fraud or
- Provide accounting services for all account receivables relating to overpaid public benefits.
- Provide recovery services on all delinquent account receivables.
- Direct Payments
- Recoupment from your benefits
- Wage attachments
- State Tax Refund Intercept Program (STRIP)
- Treasury Offset Program (TOP)
- Civil litigation in Justice of the Peace Court
- Payment by credit card or electronic funds transfer (EFT)