Current Suspected Overdose Deaths in Delaware for 2021: Get Help Now!

EFFECTIVE AUG. 16: At all state offices/facilities, employees and visitors will be required to wear face masks indoors logo

How can I get licensed to operate services in Delaware?

Licensure requirements for many of the services provided to older persons and adults with physical disabilities in Delaware are established through State regulations (known as the Administrative Code). Listed below are links to regulations for specific services. All of these services fall under Title 16 (Health and Safety) of the Administrative Code. Licensing for these services is the responsibility of the Division of Health Care Quality, Office of Health Facilities Licensing and Certification.

The Delaware Administrative Code also contains regulations associated with licensure for specific professions and occupations. These professions and occupations are regulated under Title 24 of the Administrative Code. For information about regulated professions and occupations, please see Title 24 of the  Administrative Code or visit the Delaware Division of Professional Regulation's website.

Delaware requires training and certification for individuals to work as certified nursing assistants (CNAs) in nursing homes. The Division of Health Care Quality is responsible for the training and testing program for CNAs and for the Delaware CNA Registry. For more information, about CNA training and the CNA Registry, visit the Division of Health Care Quality's website.

If you have questions or need additional information, please contact the Delaware Aging and Disability Resource Center (ADRC).