Office of Primary Care and Rural Health
The State Office of Primary Care and Rural Health works closely with local health advocates on a variety of community development activities designed to increase access to healthcare in Delaware. The office collaborates closely on a variety of recruitment activities, including the State Loan Repayment Program, the Conrad State 30/J-1 Visa Waiver Program and the National Health Service Corps initiatives to increase health care professionals serving in Delaware.
While the Delaware Division of Public Health does not offer primary care services to residents of Delaware, you can find those services at one of the Community Health Centers .
Health care advocates may find the following links useful.
- Shortage Designation Information
- Reports on Health in Delaware
- Access to Health Care in Delaware
- Opportunities for Health Care Professionals
- VIDEO - Primary Care In Delaware NEW!
Health professionals looking for vacancies in Delaware’s Community Health Centers can contact:
Henrietta Johnson Medical Center
Locations in New Castle County
La Red Health Center
Locations in Sussex County
Westside Family Healthcare
Locations in New Castle and Kent Counties
- Bureau of Primary Care
- Office of Shortage Designations
- Choose Health Delaware
- National Association of Community Health Centers
- Mid Atlantic Association of Health Centers
- Delaware Rural Health Initiative
- National Rural Recruitment and Retention (3R) Network
- National Rural Health Association
- Rural Health Information Hub
- Federal Office of Rural Health
For more information, contact the Health Planning and Resources Management Office of Primary Care and Rural Health .