Current Suspected Overdose Deaths in Delaware for 2022: Get Help Now!

CostAware: DHSS Launches Website Comparing Health Care Costs logo

Food Supplement Program

Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) is a food supplemental program that enables low-income families to buy a variety of food that is the basis for better nutrition. Benefits are issued electronically to the family's Delaware Food First card each month. This is an Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) card. The Food Supplement Program recipient uses this card at local grocery stores to access his/her food benefit.

The United States Department of Agriculture, Food & Nutrition Service (FNS), is the federal agency responsible for overseeing the Food Supplement Program. Please see our Related Links page for the FNS website.

To apply for (SNAP) food supplement benefits click here


Eligibility for Delaware's Food Supplement Program is based on factors such as who lives and eats together, relationship in the home and household income. All children who are 21 years of age and younger and live with their parents must apply for food benefits with their parents. Applications for the Food Supplement Program must be U.S. Citizens or eligible aliens to qualify. Individuals who receive TANF, GA or Supplemental Security Income (SSI) do not need to meet an income test to receive food benefits. The maximum gross monthly income limit for most households is set at 200% of the Federal Poverty Level (FPL). Currently, there is no resource test for most households that meet the 200% FPL maximum gross monthly income limit.

Food Supplemental Program


October 1, 2021 - September 30, 2022
Household Size Maximum Gross Monthly Income 200% FPL Gross Monthly Income Limit 130% FPL Net Monthly Income Limit 100% FPL Maximum Monthly Benefit Amount
1 $2,148 $1,396 $1,074 $250
2 $2,904 $1,888 $1,452 $459
3 $3,660 $2,379 $1,830 $658
4 $4,418 $2,871 $2,209 $835
5 $5,174 $3,363 $2,587 $992
6 $5,930 $3,855 $2,965 $1,190
7 $6,688 $4,347 $3,344 $1,316
8 $7,444 $4,839 $3,722 $1,504
*For each additional person add $758 $492 $379 $188


Additional Food Assistance Resources

To check the amount on your EBT card, you can:

  • Check your balance on your last grocery receipt.
  • Log into
  • Call Conduent customer service at 1-800-526-9099
  • Download the FREE FreshEBT APP

If you are in need of emergency food assistance, please contact:

Delaware 211 to find the nearest food pantry or distribution site:

  • Dial 2-1-1 or 1-800-560-3372
  • Text (302)231-1464
  • Visit 211 Service

Local Delaware State Service Center

The U.S. Department of Agriculture also prohibits discrimination based on race, color, national origin, sex, religious creed, disability, age, political beliefs or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027), found online at and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requsted in the form. To request a copy of the complaint frm, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

  • (1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410
  • (2) fax: (202)690-7442; or
  • (3)email at

Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339; or (800) 845-6136 (Spanish).

For any other information dealing with Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) issues, persons should either contact the USDA SNAP Hotline Number at (800) 221-5689, which is also in Spanish or call the State Information/Hotline Numbers (click the link for a listing of hotline numbers by State); found online at

To file a complaint of discrimination regarding a program receiving Federal financial assistance through the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), write: HHS Director, Office for Civil Rights, Room 515-F, 200 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20201 or call (202) 619-0403 (voice) or (800) 537-7697 (TTY).

This institution is an equal opportunity provider