Employers play a crucial role in the success of the child support program. With your cooperation, more children in Delaware and other states receive the financial support they need to lead healthy and happy lives.
As a Delaware employer, please read the Employer Letter for the latest changes in legisation. Attention Employers:
- You are required to report all newly hired or rehired employees to Delaware's New Hire Reporting Program administered by the Division of Child Support Enforcement;
- You may receive an Income Withholding Order (IWO) to withhold wages and forward child support payments from an employee's earnings, and;
- You may be ordered to provide medical support by enrolling an employee's child(ren) in a health benefit plan and to withhold the appropriate premium amount from the employee's wages.
- The state of Delaware uses the National Medical Support Notice (NMSN). The NMSN is a standardized federal form that all state IV-D support agencies must use.
- You may opt to participate in our Electronic Funds Transfer program.
- PAYMENT ADDRESSES: All child support payments must be mailed to the appropriate PO Box listed below.
- Employers and Other State's IV-D Agencies Payments: DCSE, P.O. Box 12287, Wilmington, DE 19850
- Non-Custodial Parent/Obligor Payments: DCSE, P.O. Box 12831, Wilmington, DE 19850
- Other Special Payments: DCSE, P.O. Box 12811, Wilmington, DE 19850
The Division of Child Support Enforcement (DCSE) thanks you for your efforts and cooperation in complying with these laws.