WIC Supports Breastfeeding
Support for WIC Clients
We provide support for WIC clients who are breastfeeding their infants. Helpful contacts include:
- Breastfeeding peer counselors
- Lactation consultants
- Local WIC clinic phone numbers
- Statewide 800 toll free number
Breastfeeding Rooms Available for all Nursing Mothers
WIC supports and encourages breastfeeding. We provide breastfeeding rooms at various locations throughout the state of Delaware. Breastfeeding moms can pump or breastfeed in comfort and privacy. Each room has a glider and ottoman, an electric, hospital-grade pump, a refrigerator for storing expressed milk and breastfeeding literature.
For information on breastfeeding visit:
- "Every Ounce Counts" - Breastfeeding Video NEW!
- Infant Feeding Class Schedule for Kent and Sussex Counties
- Infant Feeding Class Schedule for New Castle County
- La Leche League of Maryland, Delaware and District of Columbia
- The National Women’s Health Information Center