Early Education and Child Care Stabilization Fund
In April 2021, DHSS’ Division of Social Services partnered with the Delaware Department of Education and the University of Delaware to implement the Delaware Early Education and Child Care Stabilization Fund to support child care providers during the pandemic. The grants are funded through the federal American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA).
- Allocated $93 million for grants.
- Awarded based on approved expenses incurred by providers.
- By the end of January 2022, $70 million was obligated to 786 providers statewide.
- 88% of eligible programs – 860 out of 974 – submitted applications.
- Round 4, which started in February 2022, is giving providers an opportunity for a second grant.