TETANUS SHOTS AVAILABLE SEPT.17 TO PROTECT EMERGENCY WORKERS
Delaware's Division of Public Health (DPH) will offer tetanus vaccinations on a walk-in basis statewide Sept. 17 from 8:30 a.m. - 4
p.m. Vaccinations will be provided to first responders and emergency workers who will be involved in hurricane preparation, response and
First responders and emergency workers are at higher risk for tetanus because they may receive cuts or puncture wounds while working
among hurricane debris and floodwater. Tetanus vaccine prevents the infection commonly known as lockjaw that can occur when bacteria
enter such wounds.
Tetanus vaccine will be available at the following DPH clinics:
- Georgetown State Service Center, 544 S. Bedford St., Georgetown
- Milford Health Unit, 11-13 N. Church Ave., Milford
- Shipley State Service Center, 350 Virginia Ave., Seaford
- Williams State Service Center, 805 River Rd., Dover
- Middletown Health Center, 214 N. Broad St., Middletown
- Hudson State Service Center, 501 Ogletown Rd., Newark
- Porter State Service Center, 511 W. 8th St., Wilmington
For more information, call DPH at 302-744-4700.
Categories of Health Alert messages:
- Health Alert: Conveys the highest level of importance; warrants immediate action or attention.
- Health Advisory: Provides important information for a specific incident or situation; may not require immediate action.
- Health Update: Provides updated information regarding an incident or situation; unlikely to require immediate action.
NOTE: This page is for informational purposes only and dated material (e.g. temporary websites) may not be available.