SARS GUIDELINES FOR HEALTH PROFESSIONALS AVAILABLE
There is global concern about the re-emergence of Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS) this fall and winter, as well as the
possibility of public anxiety resulting from the difficulty of distinguishing between SARS and influenza. The Delaware Division of Public
Health (DPH) has prepared an guidelines to assist the health care community with planning efforts.
Topics covered in the SARS guidelines packet include:
- Clinical Information
- SARS and Influenza: Comparison
- Infection Control Management and Recommendations for Healthcare and Community Settings
- Laboratory Collection Guidelines/Viral Specimen Requisition Form
- Fact Sheets for the Public
Questions about SARS can be directed to DPH at 1-888-295-5156. This number is available during business hours, and also non-work hours
for emergencies. Information about SARS is also available at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website at www.cdc.gov/ncidod/sars/.
Categories of Health Alert messages:
- Health Alert: Conveys the highest level of importance; warrants immediate action or attention.
- Health Advisory: Provides important information for a specific incident or situation; may not require immediate action.
- Health Update: Provides updated information regarding an incident or situation; unlikely to require immediate action.
NOTE: This page is for informational purposes only and dated material (e.g. temporary websites) may not be available.