Office of the Chief Medical Examiner (OCME)
Forensic Sciences Laboratory
200 South Adams Street
Wilmington, DE 19801
OCME: (302) 577-3420
||Business Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
||The Office of the Chief Medical Examiner (OCME) Forensic Sciences Laboratory currently houses Delaware Health and Social Services (DHSS) division:
- Office of the Chief Medical Examiner (OCME)
- investigation of all sudden deaths occurring within the State to determine cause and manner of death, and in some cases positive identification.
- The Forensic Sciences Laboratory
- analyzes narcotics, dangerous drugs and controlled substances submitted by police departments
- performs blood alcohol analyses for suspected DUI cases submitted by police agencies
- performs laboratory analyses in arson investigations
- The professional staff
- provides expert testimony in courts of law
- The Forensic DNA Laboratory
- handles casework submitted by police agencies in rapes, sexual assault cases, homicides, and other cases requiring DNA analysis.
||Parking for the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner (OCME) Forensic Sciences Laboratory can be found in a large parking lot directly behind the building.