Current Suspected Overdose Deaths in Delaware for 2020: Get Help Now!

Delaware's Response to COVID-19 logo

Working with Other States

If a parent who owes support lives in another state, the DCSS will assist in establishing and enforcing an order for support. The process is different depending upon the state in which the non-custodial parent lives. The Division will handle each case individually and do whatever is necessary to establish and collect the support for the child.

The Division will contact the employer to automatically withhold support from the employee's pay. The employer will forward the support payments to the DCSS and in turn, the Division will promptly send the support payments to the caretaker in Delaware.