Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Below is a list of the some of questions most frequently asked by people who contact Delaware's Aging and Disability Resource Center (ADRC). Select a question to get more information on the topic. If you have a question that is not answered here or if you need more information, please contact the ADRC.
Abuse and Crisis Related Questions
Assisted Living, Nursing Home and Long Term Care Related Questions
- Where can I get a list of nursing homes in Delaware?
- What is assisted living and where can I find assisted living facilities in Delaware?
Caregiver Related Questions
- How can I get help in caring for someone if I need a break?
- Do you know of any support groups for people caring for elderly relatives or relatives with disabilities?
Disease Related Questions
Glossary of Terms and Definition Related Questions
- What are "assistive devices" and how can I get more information about them?
- What is the Americans with Disabilities Act?
- What is a Qualified Medicare Beneficiary (QMB)?
- Is a Power of Attorney for Health Care different than a Durable Power of Attorney?
Services and Benefits Related Questions
- How can I get meals on wheels?
- How do I get disability benefits?
- How can I get SNAP benefits (formerly called Food Stamps)?
- What do I do if I can't afford my prescriptions?
- How can I get help with home modifications?
- Where can I get help with legal problems?
- How can I get home health care for a family member when he/she is discharged from a hospital or nursing home?
- Where can I get help if I don't understand my doctor's bills or health insurance statements?
- Is there help available for older persons with gambling problems?
- Where can I go to get guardianship of a family member?
- Where can I get help with landlord-tenant problems?
- Where can I get help if I can't pay my electric/fuel bill?
- How can I get help finding a job?
- Do I need a lawyer to complete my advance directive or living will?