Delaware Newborn Hearing Aid Loaner Bank Program
Delaware established a hearing aid loan bank program for the purpose of lending hearing aids on a temporary basis to a parent or legal guardian of an eligible child to ensure that children under the age of eighteen (18) years will have maximum auditory input during the critical period of language learning.
Who is Eligible?
- A child under the age of 18 with documentation of confirmed diagnosis of hearing loss from a referring audiologist.
- A family of a child under the age of 18 presenting a need for a temporary loan of hearing aids, while making arrangements to secure permanent amplification through insurance or other means.
For More Information:
- Delaware Hearing Aid Loaner Bank Policies and Procedures [ Text of Delaware Hearing Aid Loaner Bank Policies and Procedures ]
- Delaware Hearing Aid Loaner Bank Application [ Text of Delaware Hearing Aid Loaner Bank Application ]
- AMENDMENT to Delaware Code for Hearing Aid Loaner Bank Program Effective 7/21/08 (HB 387)
- Delaware Code for Hearing Aid Loaner Bank Program
- If you have any questions regarding this program, please contact the Newborn Screening office or an audiologist.
- Return to the Newborn Hearing Screening Program home page.
Please note: Some of the files available on this page are in Adobe PDF format which requires Adobe Acrobat Reader. A free copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader can be downloaded directly from Adobe . If you are using an assistive technology unable to read Adobe PDF, please either view the corresponding text only version (if available) or visit Adobe's Accessibility Tools page.