Publications and Reports
The Delaware Health Care Commission publishes a number of health care research reports and documents, examples of which follow.
- Health Care Workforce Provider Supply Reports, October 15, 2012
- Delaware Health Care Commission led a comprehensive evaluative study designed to develop the supply
of health care workforce providers to assure optimum access by the population of Delaware to health care
services. The basic methodology presented in this series of reports included the assessment of the DIMER,
DIDER, and SLRP programs to achieve professional school admission and enhance health care provider workforce
supply and to identify and track the participants in the programs and professional practice careers. Collectively,
these reports provide information on health care workforce recruitment issues, related health care reform
issues, and alternative strategies to support optimal workforce supply for access to health care.
- Student Participant and Loan Repayment Program Participant Tracking Report
- Health Care Workforce and Related Health Care Perspectives
- Specialty-Tier Prescription Drugs Report, March 15, 2012 - This report summarizes the issue of specialty-tier pricing, the impact on patient access and care when specialty-tier pricing is used and potential actions for Delaware to consider.
- Delaware Health Care Commission Annual Report and Strategic Plan - The report contains a brief history and background of the Delaware Health Care Commission, followed by its mission, key objectives and strategic initiatives. The Commission's accomplishments and strategic plan are outlined, and summaries of Commission reports and studies are included.
- Delaware Institute of Medical Education and Research Annual Report - The report begins with a brief history and background of the Delaware Institute of Medical Education and Research (DIMER), followed by an outline of DIMER's accomplishments and agenda. The report describes the composition of the DIMER Board of Directors, its committees and purposes. A description of the DIMER loan program and selection procedure is included, along with demographic characteristics of students attending Jefferson Medical College.
- Oral Health Infrastructure Analysis JSI Spring 2010
- Delawareans without Health Insurance: A Demographic Overview - To better understand the nature of the uninsured population, the Delaware Health Care Commission has been monitoring its size and structure for a number of years. This report is updated annually.
- Dentists in Delaware - This report measures the number and spatial distribution of dentists practicing in Delaware. The objective is to identify underserved areas and to understand any existing or developing trends that could impact the supply of dental services.
- Primary Care Physicians in Delaware - This report measures the number and spatial distribution of primary care physicians practicing in Delaware.The objective is to identify medically underserved areas and to understand any existing or developing trends that could impact the supply of primary care services.
- Total Cost of Health Care in Delaware - This report provides insight into how much is spent on health care and what types of services are purchased. It examines Delaware health care expenditures in total and by service type, including hospital, physician, dental, home health, and prescription drug spending. It also provides information about payment sources and compares Delaware health care expenditures to the nation.
- Other Reports and Publications from the Delaware Health Care Commission
Email Shebra Hall for information on additional reports
Please note: Some of the files available on this page are in Adobe PDF format which requires Adobe Acrobat Reader. A free copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader can be downloaded directly from Adobe . If you are using an assistive technology unable to read Adobe PDF, please either view the corresponding text only version (if available) or visit Adobe's Accessibility Tools page.