Delaware State Innovation Models (SIM) Initiative
Since early 2013, stakeholders from across Delaware have come together to develop and implement a State Health Care Innovation Plan. Our
plan builds from the innovation occurring across the state to improve the health of Delawareans, improve health care quality and patient
experience, and control the growth in health care costs.
The development of Delaware's State Health Care Innovation Plan has been catalyzed by the State Innovation Models (SIM) initiative, a
national grant program administered by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Innovation (CMMI). The goal of the SIM initiative is to support
states to move toward value-based payment models and to improve population health
In February of 2013, CMMI awarded Delaware a "design" grant, which funded the development of the State Health Care Innovation Plan. The
State applied for a SIM "testing" grant in July of 2014 to support the implementation and testing of our plan.
Our Guiding Principles
- Develop a health care transformation strategy that is multi-payer and multi-stakeholder and focuses on achieving the "Triple
- Be one of the leading states in innovation and impact
- Achieve measurable results in three years through practical implementable goals
- Focus on the best interests of all Delawareans and respect the voice of consumers
- Have no "sacred cows"
- Learn and make use of best practice examples from other states and countries where possible.
For more information, please contact Kiara Cole at the Delaware Health Care Commission (Kiara.Cole@state.de.us).