Cancer Prevention and Control Program:
A Delaware Priority
A Delaware Priority
Cancer is the second leading cause of death in Delaware and the nation (heart disease is the leading cause). Cancer rates in Delaware, like much of the East Coast, are high. The death rate is still slightly higher than the nation; however, mortality rates for most cancers are decreasing. The average annual percent decline in Delaware typically exceeded that of the United States. The Division of Public Health has developed a Comprehensive Cancer Control Program with funding by the Delaware Health Fund and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Cancer Reports and Census Tract Level Data
- Cancer Incidence and Mortality in Delaware: 2007-2011, report issued June 2015 [PDF 150 pages] New!
- 2015 Analysis of Census Tracts with Elevated Cancer Rates in 2007-2011 [PDF] New!
- 2014 Analysis of Census Tracts with Consistently Elevated Cancer Rates [PDF]
- Millsboro Inhalation Exposure and Biomonitoring Study, report issued May 2013 [PDF 91 pages]
- PowerPoint Slide Show About Delaware Cancer Mortality from 1995-2009 [PDF]
- Cancer Incidence and Mortality in Delaware: 2005-2009, report issued April 2013 [PDF 302 pages]
- 2013 Analysis of Census Tracts with Consistently Elevated Cancer Rates [PDF]
- 2013 Analysis of Census Tracts with 2005-09 Elevated Cancer Rates [PDF]
- 2013 Analysis of Census Tracts with 2004-08 Elevated Cancer Rates [PDF]
- 2012 Analysis of Census Tracts with 2003-07 Elevated Cancer Rates [PDF]
- Cancer Incidence and Mortality in Delaware: 2003-2007, report issued March 2012 [PDF 202 pages]
- 2010 Analysis of Census Tracts with 2002-06 Elevated Cancer Rates [PDF]
- Cancer Incidence and Mortality in Delaware: 2002-2006 Report [PDF]
- Information and Maps on Cancer Rates by Census Tract in Delaware
- 2010 Cancer Incidence and Mortality in Delaware Report [PDF]
- Next Steps for Cancer Investigation Based on 2010 Data Analysis [PDF]
- Report on Findings from the Indian River Community-Level Survey, issued November 2009 [PDF]
- To determine your Census Tract, go to American Fact Finder, select "Geographies" from the menu and go to the "Address" tab.
- About Cancer and Cancer Clusters
- Review of Cancer Cluster Investigations in Delaware
- Division of Public Health Protocol for Investigation of Cancer Clusters [PDF]
Resources for Health Care Providers
- List of Reportable Cancers
- ICD-9-CM Casefinding List for Reportable Tumors
- Delaware Cancer Registry
- Screening for Life Provider Resources
Cancer Programs and Services
- Delaware's Cancer Treatment Program for the Uninsured
- Screening for Life Program
Testing for breast and cervical cancer for women, prostate cancer for men, and colorectal cancer for men and women.
- Health Care Connection (HCC)
- Tobacco Prevention and Control Program
Delaware Cancer Consortium
- Delaware Cancer Consortium Issues New Four-Year Plan: Turning Action Into Results
- Cancer Consortium Reports on First Four Years of Accomplishments
- Link to Delaware Cancer Consortium Website
More Cancer Information
Please note: Some of the files available on this page are in Adobe PDF format which requires Adobe Acrobat Reader. A free copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader can be downloaded directly from Adobe . If you are using an assistive technology unable to read Adobe PDF, please either view the corresponding text only version (if available) or visit Adobe's Accessibility Tools page.