Our Mission Statements
DSAMH's Mission Statement:
To improve the quality of life for adults having mental illness, alcoholism, drug addiction, or gambling addiction by promoting their health and well-being, fostering their self-sufficiency and protecting those who are at risk.
The Division accomplishes its mission by providing publicly funded treatment, education, prevention, and advocacy in accordance with the following priorities:
- Serve adults with disabilities resulting from severe and persistent mental illness, alcoholism, drug addiction, or gambling addiction.
- Support community tenure for adults with severe and persistent mental illness, alcoholism, or drug addiction.
- Work in partnership with other public and private sector organizations, consumers and family members to ensure that the mission is carried out.
- Continue to develop a comprehensive, high quality, appropriate, coordinated, and integrated system of alcohol, drug abuse and mental health treatment services that are appropriate to the needs of individual clients/consumers.
- Maximize consumer self-determination and individuality and protection of consumer rights.
We professionally and compassionately engage our clients to prepare them for successful community living.
To expand and improve treatment services for offenders and supervise the establishment of compulsory treatment so that the coercive powers of the criminal justice system are utilized to maximize the benefits of treatment for offenders.